My girls
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Just ramblin'
I often think of Mother and Dad at this time of year. We would get together and have family parties and open our gifts to one another and then go caroling. I think Christmas was Dad's favorite time of the year. He told us once that all he got for Christmas one year was a whistle and an orange. That the boys slept upstairs and that when it snowed, their bed would be covered with snow when they got up in the mornings. They had a old white horse that would pull them to school on sleds and as they would pass the neighbor kids they( the neighbor kids) would tie their sleds on behind and the horse would pull all of them to school and then home at the end of the day. This horse would go swimming with them in the summer also. I hope we all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment